Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ugly tie




For those of you that know my story~ you know that my life has been one heartache after another.

There seems to be a recirculating theme to my heartache. Simply put, people seem to find themselves at ease lying to me. Now please don't misunderstand, I completely understand a little white lie from time to time. ie, "does my hair look ok?"... "why, it looks lovely!" but I think those little lies are more for the benefit of the person being lied to. Although, honestly if my hair looks like crap~ please spare me the consideration and just let me know.

Big lies only benefit one person. The liar. They lie out of fear, to keep something hidden, and some people lie because they have been lying for so long they just can't seem to help themselves.

I was told that perhaps it is my fault that I am continually being lied to. To this I give a big fat HAH!!! Regardless of my reaction to whatever is being hidden~ I am not the one that is choosing to lie. My trusting nature may make me a target but I don't think that a typical, loving, thoughtful person would take advantage of my trust in such a way.

The moral of the story is~ don't lie to me. I can generally spot a lie as easily as I can spot an ugly tie on the neck of the President. It's right there. You can try to cover it up with your suitcoat but its still there and I already know because I saw it in all its bold ugliness.

Sub-moral- if you wear an actual ugly tie, wear it with pride!

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry I will never lie to you and if I do you will be able to tell, I have always been a crappy liar. But as my husband always says, "I cannot tell a lie." Yes he says that when I ask him "how do I look?" and he says I need a different pants cause those make my butt look big. I do appreciate the honesty and I give it in return!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have thrown something at the person telling you that it was your fault you were being lied to. What an idiotic idea. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with you swedemom! :) Even though I have not been lied to in the way that you have had happen...(that I know of :)) I still feel that I understand on yet some level. You have probably read my last blog post and can relate to that too. And, please in no means am I saying that my issues have been anywhere close to the same as yours...but I do know of the hurt that involved nonetheless. I hate that those that I care about have to go through things that hurt them on any level. I sure love ya Jen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy~ you have always been refreshingly honest. Something I have always admired.

    Tiff~ If I could have thrown a shoe I likely would have.

    Bekah~ I pray that nobody ever gets lied to like I have. I did read your most recent post and I most def. could relate to it. Perhaps a bit too much... which is why I didn't dare leave a comment. (even my online blubbering doesn't make much sense:P)

    ReplyDelete