Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Party!

I don't remember my fifith birthday party... but I do remember that I got a purple puppy that had long purple hair that you can brush from my Dad. He died 3 days after my fifth birthday. I'm not sure if I remember the present because it was the last thing I ever got from him~ or if it was because I really REALLY liked the present. Either way... I remembered and I still have the puppy. 

I hope Sophie can remember her birthday this year but only because it created such wonderful memories for her!

Her cake turned out lovely. I had no idea what I was going to make so I just started tossing out cake batter and filling up a few pans in the hopes that I would happen across a cake that I felt like making. She wanted a princess cake but I've done the whole barbie top/ cake bottom cakes and I really just don't enjoy them. I've also done the castle cake before and I didn't have all the stuff for that. So I happened across a really cute crown cake at familyfun.com. It looked simple enough that I could throw it together in a days time and I had already made sugar-cookie dough for my sunday school class.



I had created a dress up area for the girls.


Sophie spent the majority of the day doing her hair and "makeup" and changing costumes. Isaac also jumped into to take advantage of the Harry Potter costume that I threw in.


She had such a great time.


Naturally the girls were inseperable. Little Abbi exclaimed on her way out the door. "Sophie~ I had SUCH a good time playing with you!" Guess we will need to arrange a tea party in the near future.

Happy Birthday little princess!! I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a special cake for a special little girl. I think I know who I am inviting over for our next birthday and have do the cake for me....I could never have pulled that one off. Happy Birthday Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, the cake is absolutely DEVINE!
    I had no idea you were so talented in that way. I'm sure that Sophie will never forget that cake and even better, she will always know that her mom made it just for her.
    Happy Birthday Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE CAKE. YOU DID A WONDERFUL JOB! YOU MUST GET YOUR TALENT FROM YOUR MOTHER.(tee hee)
    IT IS GOOD TO SEE MY GRANDAUGHTERS HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME TOGETHER DOING GIRL THINGS. IT MAKES ME SMILE. lOVE YOU SOPHIE GIRL!!!!

    MOM, GRANDMA IN UTAH

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has to be the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! Wow oh wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes~ I have quite the variety of interesting talents! and thanks for the compliments.

    ReplyDelete