Sunday, January 31, 2010

Annual Chili Cookoff

Apparently, Blackfoot holds many annual events that I have missed out on for the last several years. We won't go into where I have been... we'll just say it's nice to be back!

The annual Chili cookoff is a competition between all the schools in the area. They give their best shot at their tastiest chili and cinnamon rolls and we ( as the common public) get to come eat, socialize and judge. 
We were late... as usual. So we didn't get to really sample any but one school. We had stalker's chili ( a bit too watery by my standards) and Wapello's cinnamon rolls. (they added nutmeg to their cinnamon and sugar mixture and topped it off with a heavy cream cheese icing.) I like my cinnamon rolls the way Grandma used to make them. I guess I was a harsh judge:) but the kids loved them.
Needless to say, we cast our vote for our alma-mater, Stoddard! Even though we didn't taste any of their stuff. I so hate being a blind straight ticket voter. 

The best part about this entire event is that it only cost me $3. That was GREAT!!!

4 comments:

  1. I think I know what I'm going to make this week. Chili!!! Ooooo and cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I here that David is stopping by your place. Too bad he missed the chili cookoff...he would have loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those kinds of community activities.
    Nutmeg in cinnamon rolls.
    I think I have to agree with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!!! I love Chili Cookoffs. :) And Cinnamon rolls. :)

    ReplyDelete