Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Addicted


Hello, my name is Jenny~ and I am a sports addict. Not so much addicted to watching or even following. I am addicted to playing. 

I will willingly sacrifice my body for the love of sports. Even a round of badminton will leave me with grass stains and a few bumps and bruises. I can't help it~ I just LOVE playing. Volleyball, basketball, softball, raquetball, you name it, I will probrably play it... and I will probrably hurt myself.

So, volleyball season has started. After one game and one practice I have been left feeling as though I was drug through the streets behind a horse.  My entire body has aches and pulled muscles. I have bruises up and down my arms that make me look like a victim of domestic abuse.


 
I even acquired a nice sentiment to remember the floors by. Burned a hole right through my new workout pants. Pity. 

And even though I have been left feeling this way~ will I go buy knee pads... probrably not. Will I stop diving after the ball~ heck no! Will I start acting like my body is 30 instead of 15~ not a chance.

The reason why~ because I am an absolute sports affiliated adrenaline addict.


2 comments:

  1. I'm just the opposite of you in this regard, Jen. I hate sports. I won't watch them of course but what I really hate is participating in them. In fact the day I graduated from High School was the day I declared NEVER AGAIN!
    Over the years people (usually misguided Relief Society people) have tried to lure/bully/persuade/guilt, me into playing anything from volley ball to baseball.
    I never give and inch!
    My reasoning is that when I was in school I HAD to play (or at least appear to make an effort)those hated games. Now that I'm an adult and can decide for myself what I want to do, playing any kind of sport is off my list. Life's too short.
    But I will cheer you (as well as most of my kids)on whenever you want me too!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never got the sports addiction. I am personally rather addicted to scrapbooking paper. But enjoying sports seems a little healthier!
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete