Saturday, January 23, 2010

My darling daughter

To fully explaing the story of Sophie~ I feel it may be necessary to explain some of the surrounding events of her birth. I was 3 1/2 months pregnant when her Dad and I seperated. There I was, pregnant with two little boys and scared out of my mind. I tried so hard to be strong for my kids, but secretly once they were sound asleep in their beds I would take a long hot shower and cry until the water turned cold. It became a nightly release for me. As my pregnant belly grew bigger, the reality of what my life now was became more natural. I turned what I could over to a loving Heavenly Father who cared for me in a way that no mortal person ever could. 

I was disappointed that I would have to settle for yet another c-section after I had a sucessful V-BAC in Salt Lake City when I had Isaac. With Sophie being due in January and the only place to perform V-BAC's being located in Idaho Falls, 20 minutes away... and my car being a $800 hunk of junk... I had to settle for an in town doctor.

But I was having my little girl. The one I had so longed for... and nothing else seemed to matter. Sophie was my strength when I had none. My solace in turmoil. She is my beautiful little angel that glued the pieces of my shattered life back together. Which explains our unbreakable bond... and now she is turning 5.

Happy Birthday baby girl. 

3 comments:

  1. Light from a Lighthouse!! Heavenly Father blesses us with the things we need to make this journey! She sure is a beautiful Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your dear little Sophie is the window that Heavenly Father opened when the door of your former life was shut.
    Such a darling child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE MY LOOK-A-LIKE GIRLS ! ! I WAS BLESSED TO BE THERE THE DAY SOPHIE WAS BORN- IT WAS A VERY SPECIAL MOMENT FOR JEN AND SOPHIE AND I. THERE IS A SPECIAL BOND THAT WILL ALWAYS BE THERE BECAUSE OF THAT SHARED MOMENT.

    MOM, GRANDMA IN UTAH

    ReplyDelete