Tuesday, December 8, 2009

UPRR goes Bananas!!


Banana Train

My Dad works for the Union Pacific Railroad. Apparently they are very interested in the well being of their employees.

On a whim, the manager bought the employees 12 cases of bananas. There are 30 lbs of bananas in each case. That's a grand total of 360 lbs of bananas.

Why on earth would they buy bunches of bananas for their employees you ask? The answer is simple.

"To stay warm".

When my Dad told me this. I couldn't stop laughing. BANANAS???
Mittens, coats, hats, or even hot chocolate I could understand but bananas??

Monkeys eat bananas but they live in tropical zones. They don't need to stay warm!

So I turned to my friend google to find out about bananas and keeping warm. I found that you can grind the banana peels and dry them out to create a burnable fuel. Hmmm... does the union know that their employees are planning on creating their own fuel system to keep warm?

So, I turned a different direction. Potassium. Apparently diets high in fat and potassium will keep your body warm during the cold months.

Thanks UPRR for my expanded banana knowledge.

Tomorrow~ banana bread influx!

2 comments:

  1. That's bananas...ba dum ching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last visit to my doctor, which included results of the labs she had ordered for me, I found out that my potassium are a bit too high. Weird. I hardly ever eat any foods which are rich in potassium. I don't buy bananas as often as I would like because I will only buy them if they are still somewhat green. I don't like the taste of a fully ripe banana, so that gives me a window of about 2 days 3 days tops before they get too ripe and become banana bread fodder.

    ReplyDelete