Saturday, December 5, 2009

Road trip...

We hopped in the car on Friday and took a little road trip to Eden, UT.

I didn't want to jinx it so I kept it fairly shush~ shush.

Nevertheless... things managed to go awry. Sophie came down with a fever Thursday night. I took her to the clinic Friday morning where they ran a flu swab and a strep swab~ both turned up negative. So the Doc. gave us the green light.

We were officially headed out the door, I locked up the house and jumped in the car to go pick up the boys from school. Once at the school I realized I had forgotten the Tylenol for Sophie~ so back to the house we went. I got to the front door and didn't have my house key. When I got my new car I mistakenly took off the house key thinking it went to the truck. I had to break into my own home just to get the Tylenol. Eli helped! I got the screen off~ opened the window and sent Eli in to open the door. I hope I am not teaching Eli a skill he will use later in life!

When we "officially" hit the road things went as smooth as butter.

and now we are here...


overlooking this....


with smiles as big as this....


sweet, sweet vacation!!

4 comments:

  1. who's watching the dog while you're away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries David~ it's taken care of. Sheesh!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's lovely here! A bit of snow this morning and it made it a winter wonderland for the children. It was fun to come visit and enjoy Jen and the children having a wonderful, carefree time... with big smiles on their faces!
    Mom in Utah.. a great place to be !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take away the cold and the snow and I would love every nano second of it.
    I'm really glad you were able to get away!

    ReplyDelete