Tuesday, December 15, 2009

O' Christmas Tree



I put up the tree a few days before Thanksgiving. I usually don't but I figure with the kids being gone for the week of Christmas it would be perfectly acceptable to put the Christmas tree up a week early. I don't know why I hold my self to such ridiculous protocols anyways. Who says you can't put up a Christmas tree whenever you want.
Of course we all know that his backfired on me because I ran low on Christmas enthusiasm and the top half of the Christmas tree unlit itself.




Nevertheless~ we put up the Christmas tree and we had a very festive time doing it.


As a side note, I collect one christmas tree ornament for the kids each year. When they start a family of their own, they will get their Christmas ornaments from me. It will hopefully be a good way to remember each Christmas we have had.

For example, for Seth's first Christmas we bought a blue sail boat. Isaac's first Christmas was cookie monster. Sophie's first was a snowbaby. Eli's was Elmo. The sad news is that through the years of moving~ many of our items were misplaced, lost or destroyed... I am not sure which it was. So our years of precious ornaments are gone. Our tree is pretty this year but does not hold the usual memory treasures- so it lacks a bit. We will start over again with our collection this year.



photo courtesy of Eli.

No comments:

Post a Comment