Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 7th~A day to be remembered.

My high school U.S. History teacher had us complete a project my junior year. Working together with a couple of my friends we put together a slide show of the attack at Pearl Harbor. Before then, December 7th was just another day that went by without much thought.


Once the slide show had ended and the lights were turned back on, the reality of that day hit me. There stood my calloused old teacher with tears in his eyes. A veteran himself of the vietnam war.
I have deep respect and gratitude for our veterans.
Thankyou for your service. May you never be forgotten.



5 comments:

  1. dang, i was gonna do a december 7, 1941, a date that will live in infamy post, but you beat me to it! i would just look like a copycat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder Jen! For some reason I've never given our veterans a lot of thought. Well other than the fact that I think the Government doesn't do nearly enough for them. They should be treated like heros when they return. I know that there are groups who make sure that they are given attention when they step back onto American soil, but that's not so much the Government's doing as it is the good people of this country. I read the other day that veterans returning from Afghanistan and Irak are facing high unemployment rates. Even more than the average citizen. That is shameful. Every Veteran deserves to come back to a job and a place to live. And for those families who lose a husband and father, they should be taken care of for as long as neccesary. This last year though, I have been feeling a much deeper appreciation for the service they are willing to give to our country.
    Oh, and on a happy note, I love your new design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks daughter, for helping me remember!
    Mom in Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to start commenting on your blog today. I didn't have anything very poetic or deep sounding to say at the time though...I still really don't. : )

    I'm just glad to live in this country for so many reasons. Veterans and soldiers are at the top of that list.

    Yes, you can dip them in chocolate. I rolled them in powdered sugar and they stopped being sticky all together. So, roll them in sugar, then dip in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete