Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sophie's dresses

My grandma gave me a few of the old dresses that I wore when I was in Kindergarten last week. I must have been much shorter than Sophie.




The black and white dress I remember wearing to Kindergarten on my birthday. It was my most favorite dress ever. It looks very cute on Sophie but I also think that it could pass for a pirate costume. Sophie is just full of sass in the purple!


This red one was by far too short to wear as a dress, but with some jeans underneath she was very stylin.
and then....
I got a big suprise in the mail.
A while back I came across Susan's etsy shop (when it was operational) and fell in love with some retro beach fabric that she had made a dress out of. I talked with Susan about it... and she created this.... for Sophie!!! Susan~ you are amazingly talented and even more kind hearted. Thankyou so much for sending us such a treasure.


While I fondly remember that wonderful black and white dress up there as my favorite dress of all time. I think that Miss Sophie will remember this dress as her most favorite!

6 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled to see Sophie in her new dress. I can't even describe the joy I get in seeing happy little girls wearing the dresses I made for them. And you know how I am never at a loss for words. tee hee
    A great big FAT Merry Christmas to you Jen to your boys and to darling little Sophie!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Susan thanks for the lovely dress! Sophie looks just like you, it took me back when you were little! Ahh those where the days. ( I miss the days you children were little, sweet and I could hold you on my lap!) Ahhh sweet memories!
    Mom in Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you saying that I can't sit on your lap and that I'm not sweet anymore Mom??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out brilliant! Sophie is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, she is so adorable! I love her little haircut with that dress, perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete