Tuesday, October 13, 2009

To cancel or not to cancel...

I have till the end of today to cancel my trip with no loss whatsoever. A family trip to the doctors this morning gave me hope that our illness will soon be over. Opinion #2 said that she didn't think that we had swine flu but rather upper respiratory infections along with ear infections for the older boys. She said the little's just appeared to have colds. None of us had fevers at the time. So we went to good ole' Wal-Mart to pick up our plethora of anti-biotics. While standing in line waiting I was suddenly struck with the worst feeling I have had in a very, very long time. A cross between being hit by a bus and living in Antarctica . Bring on the fever and chills, not to mention the body aches! Uggghhh~ hello death... glad you came to keep me company.

My wonderful sister brought me soup and brownies and I was kind enough to spray around the sanitizer before she came into the house.

So the big question remains... will the anti-biotics kick in and leave me well enough for vacation... or will I go on vacation just to lie in the condo and die... if I get there to begin with??

What a conundrum!

4 comments:

  1. Jen, I feel that I can be a bit bossy since i'm old enough to be your mom. Plus you did say you would like to adopt me. So here is my unsolicited advice.
    Sweety, I'm sure that no matter how good of a deal you may be getting, going away on a trip and ending up sick is not fun. I guarantee that you will kick yourself for wasting the money. Cancel the trip get your money back and go at a different time when you won't be too weak or sick to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that... would be why I love you!

    Some of life's disappointments turn into the greatest blessings.

    Turns out that my truck is quite possibly on it's last leg. I would have likely been stranded in some odd spot with 4 sickly kids and no reception. ~ so I am thankful... and just a touch disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brownies when you're sick? that's a nice sister you have!

    ReplyDelete