Monday, October 19, 2009

Musical stylings...



We are no VonTrapp family by any extent. However, I do feel that music has the ability to bring a family together. Even when we sound like a bunch of cats howling in the rain.
For Family Home Evening tonight we discussed talents.
More specifically was how if you do not use your talents, they will dwindle and fade.
My prime example for this was how I "used" to be able to play several songs on the guitar and now... I can only play bits and peices of what I used to know. Although, combined all together it makes for a very interesting sound :)
Seth insists that he already knows how to play the guitar and I must say, he has a very good strumming technique down. He wants to take lessons.
When I asked the other children what talent they would like to learn... they all said the same.
When I asked what talents they already had... Isaac said Karate, Seth said reading, Sophie said Singing and Eli said "I want some!" ~ I guess he means he would like a talent :)
So, without further delay, here are the highlights of our musical stylings... well, at least some photos.


Of course the guitar was bigger than Sophie and Eli could possibly manage. They gave it a good go.




Isaac was so focused. I had to giggle. They all took it very seriously!


We had a good time.





3 comments:

  1. Jen, you are such a good mom. If Seth feels he has a talent for the guitar I bet he's absolutely right. I hope you can find someone who can teach him and not break your budget. I love that you are wanting to instill love of the arts into your children.
    You are bound to have very nicely, well rounded, children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect FHE.

    Music is very powerful. And I agree that a family that sings together (or strums guitar together) stays together :)

    Looks like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete