Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just breathe...

I officially hate the doctors office.

I am tired of being put into a 6X6 room with four children that know their mother is sick. When the kids sense that I am not at my utmost~ they take full advantage.

Today I went into the Doc because apparently the good ole' swine flu is not quite finished with me. You see... I have asthma. I have had it since elementary school. I generally only have to use my lovely little geek inhaler before I exercise and a little more often during allergy season.

The swine flu that I thought had left my body has slowly and secretly attacked my bronchial tube. Leaving it seriously inflamed and me using my inhaler ~~ oh, every hour or so.
When I went to the doctor, they checked my oxygen levels and the Doc stated that my numbers were very borderline. Borderline? borderline to what? Death? Hospitalization? I was too busy trying to breathe to ask.

Pam (the nurse that happens to live down the road from me and is in my ward.)offered to watch the kids for me while they sent me down to the labs for a chest x-ray. When I came back my children were spilling out of the door and into the hallway. It was quite the sight.

My x-rays confirmed my bronchial inflammation that cannot be treated by antibiotics. To top it off I have the beginnings of a sinus infection. Who am I? Job??

My sister was kind enough to bring over some special herb tea that is supposed to help and the Doc sent me to get some Mucinex and some nasty nasal rinse (ick). I'm just tired of coughing and breathing like I am darth vader. Oh~ wait~ this could work to my advantage. I think I just figured out who to be for Halloween. ~ I feel grumpy about this entire situation.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so bad for you Jen. I hate having something that you can't use an antibiotic for. I know that we are constantly being told that we over use them. And usually that overuse includes using them for things that they won't cure like inflamed bronchial tubes. But damn, it's awful to be sent home without the hope of a bottle of pills that should make it all go away in a few days. You will be in my prayers. Thank goodness for helpful sisters and ward members!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(

    I am so, so sorry that you are going through all of this. Take care and heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete