Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference weekend...

anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE conference weekend.

There is something amazing that happens when you open your home to the spirit and let it in. This year, with the weather being cold and a nice sleet coming from the sky. Our home felt cozier than ever.


The kids settled down with their snacks and their conference packets. (I had made the night before... Sophie loved hers so much she fell asleep with it.)


I made a deal with Seth and Isaac~ as they were a bit unruly during the second session~ to tally certain words that they heard during conference and they would get a piece of candy for each tally. Seth was very vigilant~ I owe him a lot of candy~


and took a break only to help direct the Choir.


Ya gotta love a day like that! Unfortunately~ we could not get reception for Sunday's session and listened to it on the radio... which DID NOT keep the kids' attention :)

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Jen to get your children to watch. I tried to get Shawn to watch it for at least one talk but he was being super stubborn. That's too bad that you had problems with reception. I'm sure though that you will be blessed for setting such a good example for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Do I ever have experience with Shawn not sleeping. It would probably be best to e-mail beause it would make for a super long comment. Send me your e-mail address and I'll write you back and tell you of our experiences. It's on my profile page btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad it's pretty hard to notice. I didn't even know it was there until one day I asked Lisa how it was that people already knew my e-mail address. She showed me that it was at the very top as a part of the header. I'll make it easier though, it's soozimail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed that you made conference kits. Maybe I'll keep that in mind for next April....

    ReplyDelete