Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Southeastern Idaho State Fair.

I have been going to the fair my ENTIRE life. I kid you not. In all of 31 years I can count the times I missed the yearly event on one hand.

This year, I thought it would be fun to experience the fair from a different viewpoint. That of an employee.
So, I got a job... in the caramel apple/cotton candy/ snowcone venue.


and can I tell you how much fun I had. I will try.
I got to dip caramel apples. I must say... I do quite well at that!
I bagged cotton candy. I tried to spin it once and failed comically. My favorite part about the whole experience was the people that I met. The people I worked with are all phenomenal and I love them all.

Further more~ what better opportunity to people watch? I can think of none.
Plus, I got to try every tasty item at the fair that I wanted. Tiger ears, Chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick, fried pickles, fried candy bar, baked potato, chocolate covered raspberries, tortatoes... and of course
a caramel apple :) Overall~ excellent experience.

1 comment:

  1. I almost licked my computer screen. Those apples look delicious!

    ReplyDelete