Thursday, September 23, 2010

DC~ Finally. The rest of the story.

Now that I have been home for 3 months I guess it is time to post the rest of the events from my little vacation back east. I didn't get too many pictures from Virginia... but I did get plenty of DC.

It was a crazy busy time in DC. There were thousands of people. They had some sort of cultural event going on in the mall. When I go again... I will check for a less busy day. Kate and I had the twins so we were pushing the stroller through this mayhem! The lines were insane long...
this was the shortest line we stood in. When we went to go to the Rotunda the line went on and on outside... and then we had to wait in line again once we were up there. One of the guards pulled us in early so we didn't have to stand in that line for long though. That's where the Declaration of Independance was. No photos were allowed and those guards looked like they meant business!

For those of you that are unfamiliar with DC. The Smithsonian is located there. It is a series of different museums. I had an agenda and only hit the ones that I didn't get to see the first time I was here. Even still, there were several that I missed.

but I did get to see Julia Fairchild's kitchen.


Kermit the Frog... in person!


and Judy Garland's Ruby Red slippers from Wizard of Oz. They had a lot of sole. (buah ha ha)


There was plenty of traffic on the way there.
These guys were definatley stuck longer than us though.


and you definately have to take care when walking across the street since
I barely escaped a run in with public transportation.


More to be posted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment