Thursday, September 16, 2010

The boys... a new school... a new adventure.

I waited a bit longer on Seth and Isaac's first day. It was two weeks ago... but I wanted to tell you all what I think about their new school at the same time. So I gave it a bit of time.

Seth seems to have difficulties adjusting to the new school routine every year. This year was no exception. We all had a couple of rough days. However, they were short lived. This school is fabulous!!! The made sure that they had his IEP on file (the one I had worked so hard on for the last two years.) and are following it precisely. I love them.


Seth was highly fashionable in his new clothes and loves his new teacher. Mrs. May. She had taken the time to speak with his previous teachers and had a mechanical pencil waiting for him when he got to school. I can't even tell you how awesome he thought that was. The school's PTA had put together little treat bags for each class. It had candy, pencils, and a couple of other trinkets.  Isaac also informed me yesterday that Seth has more friends than he does. I can't tell you how happy that makes me! We've had no bullies. The school isn't sending him home all the time. He has a great support system. This year is going to be the best!


Isaac was excited to be a big 2nd grader.
He knew lots of people in his class already and with his charming personality, he fit right in.... well other than being a foot taller than all the other kids. I just signed Isaac up for basketball. We are definately looking forward to that. Especially since I will be coaching alongside my basketball buddy from Jr. High! It will be great! Isn't he handsome.

What I love most is that I no longer have to get the kids up and dressed and drive to the school. They walk, it's just right around the corner. I walk them to the corner and then get to come back and start my day. It's fabulous. Especially because I don't have to sit and wait for that ridiculous train!
Ahhh... they are getting so grown up! I am so proud of my kids.


4 comments:

  1. I actually have some time to read a few of my favorite blogs today. I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!
    How wonderful for Seth to be at a school that can appreciate him. I just about teared up to read that he has so many friends!!!
    Three cheers for good schools and great teachers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I'm so happy for Seth! He is a great kid and I'm grateful the school is taking a greater interest in him and what a smart young man he is - so awesome!!! Both boys look great and I truly hope that this year is the best for them!

    Thanks again,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I even know about that train! I'm so glad that Seth's teacher is on the ball. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto Suzan.

    Also I believe that walk is helpful to each of you. Barbara

    ReplyDelete