Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Schools in....

Today was the first day of school.




Up at 6:30am. Dressed by 7:00am- Breakfast, socks, shoes- out the door to be in the truck by 7:45am.

We've been rehearsing for the last week so this morning went without any complications YAY! The trick is to lay their clothes out the night before, making sure to include underwear... because if it is not there... they just won't wear any.

Sending Seth off to school always makes me nervous. The first day is hard for him. He gets easily overwhelmed and I am always afraid that the kids won't be nice to him. If he comes home with a bald spot on his head I will know that it was a rough day. (he picks his hair out when he is nervous or stressed).

I am nervous for Isaac too. It is his first day with the big kids. He was at the Kindergarten center last year and only went half day. He's great at making friends so that is not a concern. I just think that first grade hits a little harder than kindergarten... at least for me.


How did I get so old that I have two kids in elementary school!?
Goodness...


4 comments:

  1. I love this time of year and seeing everyones back to school posts. Your children look so handsome, I love their polo's!

    Here's hoping for no bald spots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing....I just read your post from June 24th titled 'Dare I Say the Word'. After reading this post I must insist that you go and see '500 Days of Summer' as it is about the very topic of which you wrote :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st grade is usually hard for moms and kids both. He will adjust soon. =) Those long days are hard for them at first!! Poor little guys. One of the reasons I'm glad to be in 2nd grade now. I love your back to school pictures and your hat is sassy. =)

    - Mira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chick you are not old.You are only old when your first child will be graduating high school as your second child enters kindergarten.How beautiful is that?

    Shelle

    ReplyDelete