Sunday, August 2, 2009

A blissful Sunday Afternoon

After spending the last 9 weeks frantically turning in assignments and taking last minute test with my online schooling... today was heaven sent. I savored every moment of the day from dawn to dusk and a few moments after. Sunday's are meant to be my one and only time to refill my cup for the upcoming week. Since school had started it was as though I would hastily place my cup under the stream but lacked the patience to fill it in its entirety. I am hoping that this pleasantly refreshing cup-full will help me to endure the next and LAST 9 weeks I have.

I love Sundays. Today I managed to visit my grandma in the extended care and curl her hair, I visited with my neighbors, I read about Moses, and I took a nap with Eli. A day well spent. I wish everyday could be like this.

As for my new title, which I am sure you have noted. Today in Sunday School we learned the Hebrew interpretation of Nauvoo. It hit me as appropriate to rename my blog this since the definition is what I strive to create for my family, my self and my home.

2 comments:

  1. nice new title! have you ever been to nauvoo? i have and i loved it! the saints had a great great thing going there. too bad they were chased out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Nauvoo twice. Once before the temple was rebuilt and once after. Each visit seems to short. Maybe someday I will get to serve there myself and bake cookies or sing in the play!

    ReplyDelete