Friday, September 25, 2009

Quirks...

Meet Eli. Eli is a typical 3 year old boy in many ways. He loves climbing trees and smooshing ants. He loves playing with his siblings. He loves Thomas the Tank Engine... but there are also a few quirks about Eli that just make me nervous. The likely reason is due to the fact that I already have one child diagnosed with Aspergers so when a similarity presents itself, I fret a little. Not for myself... I just know what a hard time Seth has and would hate to see another child of mine go through the same.
Eli and I went to the library. He loves going with me to the library because they have a few toys for the kids to play with. This months theme happened to be Farm Animals. Notice the way he is lining up the tractors in an A-B pattern. Then there are the cows in the background. Note the way ALL the cows are together placed onto a picture of a cow! Hmmm... time will tell. In the meantime....
I love my little genius, quirky children!!








2 comments:

  1. I must say that i love reading your blog what a wonderful and patient women and mother you are! I wish you and your cute family the best of luck in all the future adventures you will come across! Call me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of my boys have loved to line up toy cars and stuff. I asked the pediatrician about it once and she said it was normal behavior, not aspergers or autism.

    ReplyDelete