Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Potato harvest


It's potato planting season here in Idaho. Today I had the biggest and longest laugh concerning potatoes that I've had... well... ever!

I was driving my children to speech therapy in the Beast when all along the road, which is a 2 lane old school highway, there were hundreds of potatoes. They had been scattered all across the road as if some sort of tragic accident befell the potato truck that was transporting them.

Although there was no potato truck in view, there was a lady in a mini-van that stopped to pick from the waist high pile of potatoes on the shoulder of the road. There she was with her wal-mart shopping bag shoving potato after potato into it! I was so mad that my cell battery was dead so I could not capture the moment with the camera!

On the way back from picking the kids up, they had called a clean up crew with orange jump suits, safety cones and a truck with flashing lights. It was one of Idaho's haz-mat teams busiest days I am sure as they went to work scraping the now mashed potatoes off the road!

Thanks Idaho!

No comments:

Post a Comment