Friday, May 15, 2009

Birthday Memories...


Birthday Candle

Since today is my big 3-0- I have compiled a list of my most memorable birthday (that I can remember)

Here they are:

1). Sixth birthday- We lived out in the country on Cromwell Lane. I had all my good friends over. My Mom bought me a Cinderella birthday cake and she had a pony-- yes, a pony-- that we got to ride around the yard. Every little girls dream birthday.

Not sure if that just set the rest up for failure or what but nothing tops that day.

2). Thirteenth birthday- Mom bought a bunch of movie passes for me and my friends to go and make a night of it. I sat around waiting for my friends to come (my brother took me in the mini-van) nobody came. I cried and cried. My brother did his best to console me. It was the first time that my brother actually showed sympathy towards me for something. It turned into a very good brother/sister bonding moment.

3) Sixteenth birthday- I made my own birthday cake, wrapped my own birthday present, and the entire family celebrated the birth of the first niece/ grandbaby! Can't have a better present than that!

4) Seventeenth birthday- Boyfriend had my mom let him in the house to make me crepes for breakfast. Later, there was a surprise birthday party at his house for me. That was nice.

5). Eighteenth birthday- My first clubbing experience. Went to a club in SLC with my best friends. Forgot my drivers license and had to "borrow" my friends to get in. Had a small mexican man grinding on my leg and danced with a tall handsome guy- who said I looked "LDS". I took it as a compliment! Drove home as the designated driver (always!)

6). Thirtieth- Made Churros at lunchtime, giving myself a third degree burn on my hands (okay.. its only a first degree). Granny called and told me happy birthday, as did my mother! Grabbed a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (no dishes) and a chick flick to watch with the kids!

Where's my pony and my glass slippers???

No comments:

Post a Comment