Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Coupons


Froot Loops Coupon, 1964
Originally uploaded by Roadsidepictures

I am always looking for a good bargain. I find it to be a challenge, almost thrilling when accomplished. I stand at the store pricing things with my mind... scrutinizing the per unit price and the cost per item. Not only is it fun to shop but it save me money too! When I say a good bargain, I will tell you I am pretty darn cheap. I won't buy a clothing for my kids unless it is less than $5. Unless it is really super cute, than I pay more. Generally speaking though, I keep it tight.

The newest rave amongst 30+ women around here is the art of couponing. It has peaked my interest. I have been doing a bit of research to see if I can accomplish couponing. I'm not sure that I can.

I got a Sunday newspaper last Monday, spent an hour going through the coupons to try to figure out what I would actually use, then spent another hour on the internet researching where the sales are. This was made easier by going to www.PinchingYourPennies.com. THen I went to the store (4 kids in tow) but forgot my coupons! So I tried again... forgot coupons again. One last time... and I learned that the stores only keep their sales going until Wednesday. UGGGHHH! How frustrating! I did manage to save $3.50 on diapers though. Guess you have to start somewhere! I will try again, maybe once my life gets a bit less crazy and a little more organized-- like when I'm translated!

2 comments:

  1. i like the coupons that don't make you buy more than one of something. and that are for things that i actually want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I have a strong dis-like for the ones that you have to mail in to get your discount.- I don't have time for that! Just give me the discount at the register.

    ReplyDelete