Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sit and sip

I have never been a coffee drinker. It doesn't taste good. The smell, however, makes me feel warm and cozy. Some people don't like to walk down the coffee isle at the store... but I do.
Better yet, I like to go to starbucks and order myself a Caramel Apple Cider. Mmmmm. Sadly, there is no Starbucks in Blackfoot. So I go with my Dad when I am down in Utah for a visit. My Dad IS a coffee drinker.
So I, with my cider, Dad with his coffee and Eli with his juice. We sit and sip.
Dad reads the paper and we discuss political happenings. Sometimes we debate. I'm a conservative... Dad is... well... it depends on which way the wind is blowing.

These are good times and good memories. Ones that I will be able to savor as an old lady sitting in my rocking chair... sipping a cup of hot apple cider.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is going to paint me as a really bad Mormon, but I LOVE coffee. Especially with chocolate as in mochas.
    And the coffe aisle is my favorite to walk down. I also love the laundry aisle too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This read like a poem, it made me feel warm and nostalgic - thanks for taking the time to post!

    I'm like you in the loving of the smell - I used to work at Keslers in Blackfoot, and loved working in the coffee Isle. :-)

    ReplyDelete