Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The little yellow dress

Several months ago now, I contacted Susan whom I have never actually met... but I feel as though we are kindred spirits about making Sophie another dress. Which you can see here Sophie's dresses. The first one was to die for.... but this yellow dress is extra special.

The story goes... My Grandma had kept onto material that was used for a dress that was made for me when I was little. I took that material and gave it to Susan to create something wonderful. I gave no instructions for what I might want. I did not pick out a pattern that she had to use. Susan had the freedom to style and design at her whim out of this heirloom fabric. 

This is what I got back in the mail...



Isn't it the most lovely and perfect dress for Sophie that has ever been created??

Susan you are amazing!!

Lucky for the rest of you... Susan is starting up an etsy site where you can purchase some of her other adorable dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment