Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mid-singles

Valentines weekend. I attempted to go to my first ever singles event. Well, that's not entirely true. I once went to a singles dance with my first husband on accident. We thought it was the married couples dance... it was not.

It was advertised as a "mid-singles" meaning... 30-45. There was a pre-party before the dance. Which was fine.
There weren't alot of people, but enough to make a social scene. There were a few that were obviously OVER the 45 age limit.
That's Danika above... NOT over the age limit :)


And this is dear Faye, belting out a few verses for  Rock Band. (also NOT above the age limit:)


and then there is ... the dance. (please follow up with ominous foretelling music, or anything from the early 90's since that's what was actually playing.)

I know the picture is a bit dark, but I think you can still tell what a happening place this is. Why just look at the dimly lit gym with its fabulous disco lights. Wow~ stunning!

and then if you will... envision several couples perusing the dance floor in their matching ensembles attempting their most serious version of "Dancing with the Stars". I threw up a bit in my mouth as I watched because it was just that bad.

Then there were the geriatrics. If you were 60+ this was THE place to be. Comb overs, canes, gray hair, false teeth, and music slow enough to not throw out a hip. Perfection.

but for me... well, lets just say I didn't quite fit in. Although I wouldn't mind going back in my best old lady costume! Where are all the Mid-Singles? Maybe there is a shortage of which I am not aware.

So we snuck over to the YSA dance and mingled with the returned missionaries and the teeny-boppers. Sure, we looked like chaperones... but who said that the chaperones can't bust a move?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment