Friday, February 19, 2010

Curse you Mary Poppins!

For the last several weeks. My dear Isaac has taken on the abnormal habit of walking on the back of my couch. I fear for my couch. Isaac is no light weight and my couch is no youngster. 

I have been trying to figure out why on earth he would even consider doing such a thing. Especially considering the varying consequences that go along with it each time he gets caught.

Using my great skills of deductive reasoning, I finally figured it out... He is pretending to be a chimney sweep walking/ dancing the roof lines.  It started when we bought Mary Poppins to watch for movie night. Since it is a household favorite... we watch it often.  There will no longer be unsupervised watching of Mary Poppins... since some of us cannot seem to control ourselves! 

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the creative mind of a child. :0)

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what a chilling thought. Who would ever have known that watching Mary Poppins could lead someone to start on a life of crime.
    shiver





    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like something my kids would do.

    Did I ever tell you what Lindsay and Abbey did when they watched Jungle book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story also reminded me of when I was little. Whenever me and my brothers would watch Disney's Robin Hood and the football scene came on, we would be up and running around the room. Pillows would be off the couch and slamming into the person next to you. A jolly good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. know wonder you want a new couch !!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, .... the comment was from Mom in Utah LOL

    ReplyDelete