Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Childrens Literature


The Poky Little Puppy

I love books. I love the way they feel in my hands, the way the binding bends when it is opened. The way they smell of paper and ink. I especially love children's literature. I love the artistry that captures a good children's book. It amazes me how even as an adult, I find myself looking through the children's section not only for my children but for myself as well.

This month is National Library Week. I thought I would celebrate by sharing some of my favorite childhood books with my preschool/childcare kids. Narrowing down the list is the tricky part.

I'll start off with my absolute favorite and work from there.
The Poky Little Puppy
The Real Story of the Three Little Pigs
Hansel and Gretel
The Little Red Hen
Snow White and Rose Red
Corduroy
Where the Wild Things Are
Alligator Pie
If You Give a Mouse A Cookie
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
Pecos Bill

Some have been my favorites from when I was a little girl. Others are new stories that I have fallen in love with while reading them to my own children.

If anyone has other good books that I can share with the kids, please drop me a post. I would love to give them a read too!

No comments:

Post a Comment