Friday, October 29, 2010

Which witch is which?

For my Mom's birthday on the 22nd I thought it would be a marvelous idea to have my Dad watch Eli (the rest of the kids were with their Dad and Emily having a splendid time) and take Mom out on the town to this....
Where we looked liked this....

I know, I know... I look like my mother! For a trippy second I thought I was standing next to some sort of magical aging mirror. Good thing my mom is a beautiful lady.
We didn't get any good shots of the THOUSANDS of witches that were in attendance since it was night time, but it was one crazy busy witch convention.
It reminded me of one of my favorite childhood books...


Except that the witches I saw were far more lovely than this description.
"witches have no hair, and must therefore wear wigs directly on their naked scalps, resulting in a condition they call "wig-rash"; witches have thin, curved, claw-like fingernails that they must disguise with gloves; witches have no toes; a witch's spit is bright blue, leaving a pale bluish film on their teeth; and a witch has unusual color-changing pupils in which one may see 'fire and ice dancing' in the centre."

I came home and showed the kids my lovely witchiness. They found it as a shock. They have never seen my "witchy" side. (snickering)
Sophie was enthralled. She now LOVES all things witchy. So much so that she has surpassed the beautiful princess costume that her Dad and Emily gave her for Halloween, (Truly the two most adorable Snow White and Belle costumes I have seen for awhile) to become this....
We have so many, many halloween activities to attend I am hoping she will at least "trade" costumes for a night. In the meantime... she is one adorable witch!! Plus I only paid $6 for her entire costume... so I really can't go wrong with that.

1 comment:

  1. Sophie is the cutest little witch I've ever seen! :0) Even if she doesn't use the princess dresses, she will get a lot more dress up use with them at your house. Can't wait to see the boys costumes, Enjoy the Halloween festivities!

    ReplyDelete